Really want!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do I need to have one of these - they are amazing looking!! At the moment I'm running my tank with endlers and fancy guppies that came with the tank but I really would like one (or more of these)!!!

Photo would be good I guess haha

Attachments

• image-186686193.jpg
    image-186686193.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:
A 70 gallon + tank and a high ph. They are fairly aggressive and large so they definitely won't mix with your guppies.

Hello! Those are some gorgeous fish :)
I do know flowerhorns are better kept alone in a huge tank, I met a fellow with 30 tanks all 100+ gallons. He kept one flowerhorn in a 100+ tank due to it being so aggressive. He said not even keeping it with another one of its own kind! The fish itself was over a foot long. But my gosh was it gorgeous.
I've found a lot of cichlid people on this forum though, wanting to own rams myself..they're more peaceful though.
Tons of people keep species only tank specifically for cichlids bc they're more aggressive. There's a part of this forum for cichlid people, it might come in handy for you!

I wish you luck! And if you do end up with either of the two you should deff post pictures!

OH MY LORD I NEEEEEEEED THIS TOO!!

do Chiclids tend to get along together??

I'm not sure about frontosas but the flowerhorns usually get soo aggressive that they need to be kept alone. They are beautiful fish tho, growing over a foot long and living 10 - 12 years.

That is a Cyrtocara moorii aka Blue Dolphin (fitting name)!!

They are Africans Cichlids found in Lake Malawi and from my experience very peaceful.

Often they are kept with Aulonocara and Haplochromis which also exsist in Lake Malawi.

They do require large aquariums with 5' length being kinda the minimum since they can get 8-9 inches.

I have some more great news: Cyrtocara moorii is more of schooling fish so you need to get more than one, 3-4 is best!

Definitely super fish in my opinion, heres a great description:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/c_moorii.php

Well in that case I'll just leave this here! :angel:

p-73668-achilles-tang.jpg

Awesome news :) I'm loving today haha!!

I don't want to go too far until I've got my experience to where I am happy, and I want to have everything perfect in terms of what the individual needs of each fish are :) if I'm going to do it I'll do it right :)

Back
Top Bottom