Recommend a nice looking 10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrFantastic74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.
I have a Fluval Chi 5 gallon tank that is absolutely gorgeous. I have a fancy guppy and two endlers (all male), who have been thriving in there for about a year now. I would like to expand slightly to a 10 gallon tank and add a couple more guppies and some shrimp. Can anyone recommend a really nice looking tank setup that is not your standard run-of-the-mill looking aquarium? The Fluval Chi gets so many compliments, and I would like to maintain the same sort of chic, fancy look. The fish are pets, yes, but the tank is also a show piece.

The Chi has a cube shape to it. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for vertical expansion, so I can't simply do a bigger cube. I do , however, have some space for horizontal expansion for a tank with a longer width profile. I understand that longer widths are preferable for most fish anyway. Any suggestions on a fancy looking tank? Preferably, it would come as a kit with a strong enough filter (without too much turbulence) and decent light. Also, the less space occupied by accessories (lights, etc) on the top, the better; as I mentioned, I have limited vertical space in the spot.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Rimless tanks do give me some nice options. The Chi is rimless, so it would continue the trend.

I'm thinking of getting a rimless tank and building from there. Can you recommend a good filter that is not ugly/obtrusive, and also quiet? What I like about the Chi is that the filter and light box actually add to the aesthetics.

What should I look for in terms of the LED lights?

In case I have jumpers, I want to add a mesh, glass or plastic cover. Are there any that are customizable?

I use an Eheim Ecco canister. I swapped the tubes for clear ones and have custom plastic Lily pipes.

AquaClears aren't bad. Since I use a black background you don't see anything but the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you decide not to do rimless, the Marineland 10 gal is great.

Back
Top Bottom