Recommend Freshwater Testing Kit Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueAnchors

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am setting up my first tank (29 Gallons) and I am wanting to cycle my tank using the fish-less method with ammonia. I have been searching around I am wondering what is the best testing kit for around 20-30 dollars and it needs to test for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Thanks!

Yeah, when i had freshwater tanks all i ever used were API test kits. They are reliable and pretty cheap, as far as liquid test kits go. I recommend them. I even use them now on my saltwater aquariums.

Yep... API makes a good kit. I paid $20 for mine, but it was on special for that day only. I know that some people have said they purchased their API kit from walmart.com, but that they don't advertise it as being API... I believe the reviews will say if it is though.

Agreed that API makes very decent and economical liquid titration tests. The FW Master Kit from them has everything you need to test successfully with a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom