Recommendation - More Scavenger Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99Bulldawg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 20g tank that has a water filter, lighting, water heater, gravel rocks at the bottom, 3 ornaments, and an artificial plant. I keep the water at about 76 degrees Fahrenheit. My stock is currently 3 White Cloud Minnows, 5 Rasbora Hetermorphas, and 2 Albino Cory Catfish. After feeding the fish, I notice that the White Cloud Minnows and Rasboras tear up a significant amount of food in the top and middle layers of the tank. I also notice that the Albino Cory Catfish try to eat it as it floats downs. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of food left over at the bottom of the tank. I bought the 2 Cory Catfish to be scavenger fish and clean this up but I am not sure if I have enough of them. The food I use is TetraMin flakes and TetraMin granules. I have significantly reduced the amount that I feed them at one time (only what they can eat in a few minutes) but I still see food at the bottom.

Looking for any recommendations, should I get another species of scavengers, more Cory Catfish, etc...

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Casey

I would get more albino corys they like to be in schools of at least 5 so maybe get 3 more or get some shrimp.

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 20g tank that has a water filter, lighting, water heater, gravel rocks at the bottom, 3 ornaments, and an artificial plant. I keep the water at about 76 degrees Fahrenheit. My stock is currently 3 White Cloud Minnows, 5 Rasbora Hetermorphas, and 2 Albino Cory Catfish. After feeding the fish, I notice that the White Cloud Minnows and Rasboras tear up a significant amount of food in the top and middle layers of the tank. I also notice that the Albino Cory Catfish try to eat it as it floats downs. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of food left over at the bottom of the tank. I bought the 2 Cory Catfish to be scavenger fish and clean this up but I am not sure if I have enough of them. The food I use is TetraMin flakes and TetraMin granules. I have significantly reduced the amount that I feed them at one time (only what they can eat in a few minutes) but I still see food at the bottom.

Looking for any recommendations, should I get another species of scavengers, more Cory Catfish, etc...

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Casey

Feed less.
Get more Corydoras.
Feed Corydoras their own food. Mine eat Shrimp Pellets and frozen blood Worms as well as leftovers from above. IMG_2651.jpg

Shrimp

Got it, I will get more Albino Cory Catfish. Wouldn't shrimp get eaten by the other fish?

Very Respectfully,

Casey

New stock

So I went to get more Albino Corey Catfish and ended up bringing home 1 Albino Cory Catfish, 1 bristlenose pleco (only gets to 6") and 3 tetras. Good news is the catfish seem alot more active now

Back
Top Bottom