Recommendations for centrepiece fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MABJ said:
Yeah I think she's a goner. I hope she comes back though.

Another quick question: it's just a little 2.5 inch fish, it wouldn't be happy in a 5g alone with a few shrimp? There's a big cave some plants and a pipe system for the shrimp

Like I said, I'm sure it'll be okay and thousands of people do it...but I personally wouldn't do it myself. After water displacement from items in the tank...it's basically putting the fish in the equivalent of 4 milk jugs worth of water. I have little dogs (as you can see in my pic), and they'd live if I locked them in my bathroom...I just wouldn't do it.

If you have a 5 gallon tank and shrimp(what type of shrimp?), Id make it a shrimp only tank and let them breed like rabbits. You can sell them on this site and make some extra $.

I'd do that, but the 5g is my only tank and I'm a fish lover. Lol

You know why i can't!! I have to haul the darn thing back and forth to school 4 times for a total of 8 car rides.

oh yea forgot about that sorry:( haha um well the only thing for a 5 gallon are bettas shrimp and snails thats about it

here's a site about what fish can go in a 10 gallon. note that iit says dwarf puffers but thats for ppl who are strictly experts and know exactly what to do in a crisis (someones who had fish for over 2 years)

I've got my temp raising a bit. My girl is obsessed with GBR's and they've got a beautiful one at the lfs...guess I'll let you know how it works out.

Haha, the things men do for their girls. XD I would know! Since my bf does a lot of nice things for me. Good luck!

We picked up the most vibrantly colored Bolivian I've ever seen. They had them marked as GBR, but they're Bolivians. Ended up being a compromise because I wanted a more hardy Bolivian, but he had bright enough coloring to please the wife.

Cool. Post a pic when you can, I'm really interested in seeing what he looks like.

He's awesome. His colors really cooled down once he was bagged, but they're already brightening back up. He's also fitting in really well. The red eye tetras are following him curiously, but he doesn't seem to mind. I'll get pics tomorrow once I turn on the light. I always leave my aquarium light off when I add new fish.

Back
Top Bottom