Redecorating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two Betta tanks that I would like to change up. They both currently have aquarium gravel and a bunch of decorations.
What I would like to do is plant the tank with some low maintenance plants and I want to use Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum.
I currently use tap water in my Betta tanks but I want to use RO water and dose it because I’ve heard that’s much better for the fish, and that the stratum will break down much quicker with tap.
Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do? I’d love to get this going by November if possible, and I want some feedback on if it’s a good stratum! I’m also planning on starting up a shrimp tank so any advice on that would be appreciated as well :)

I think go for the substrate you want to try for sure. Why not - these are small tanks. Look forward to photos :)

On the RO water, not sure I'd bother. I'd consider fish and substrate should be ok. Our tap water is pretty good though.

I think go for the substrate you want to try for sure. Why not - these are small tanks. Look forward to photos :)

On the RO water, not sure I'd bother. I'd consider fish and substrate should be ok. Our tap water is pretty good though.

My tap is like 200 TDS. I just don’t want the substrate to break down faster than it’s supposed to. My RO water is 1-3 TDS though.

Back
Top Bottom