Redecorating a 15g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Studentdrleo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

Just curious on what people suggest for redecorating a tank. I've had my tank running for a little under a month and would like to change up the decor to finally make it more saltwater-like by including stackable rocks (maybe lava?) and real plants. I was on a pre-Christmas budget for setting up the original decor, but with some gift cards in hand, I can finally do the tank I want.

My 15 gallon aqueon tall tank is currently under the cycle, I think. The ammonia has been sitting at 0.25 ppm ammonia without any nitrites or nitrates. I've been doing weekly water changes of about 3-4 gallons and have an aqua clear fluval power filter 30. My stock is currently 5 cherry barbs, 3 corys, and 1 striatia botia loach (the last one was per request of a girlfriend that wanted it despite all persuasion). I feed them every other day.

Questions I have:
1) How can I change my decor without affecting the fish?
2) what plants would be ideal for this tank? I'm new to plants... and it's about a 22 inch high tank too.
3) Any suggestions for invertebrates?
4) Can I add an American Flagfish to the bunch?

Thanks for all your help!

Start with something easy like a Java Fern. Don't plant them , you tie or glue them to rocks or wood. They grow under almost any light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

image.jpg

Like I said, I'm going to buy a bunch of rocks and make it look like a reef and how would you tie the java fern?

Back
Top Bottom