Redoing my 240gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubigonz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any advice is appreciated. So I have had aquarium for a couple of years now and I have learned tons through trial and error and also research. To summarize. My fish have died off. I decided to replace after a complete tear down. I have 2 mono peacock and 2 silver arowana that will be delivered tomorrow. They will be juvenile and I'm my experience pretty sensitive. I have raised pacu and find that they are pretty hardy. I don't wanna deal with the pacu as much as I live them. I replaced gravel with sand gravel held a lot of waste even after vacuuming and II added more drift wood. I notice some snails which I have never purchased so they must have came in with a fish or wood. They are tiny and not too worried yet. My water test great in regards to ammonia,nitrate, and nitrite. ph has been a real pain and I am trying not using the PH down chemicals. I have some peat balls on there way from the UK. Hoping that does the trick. My tank has been cycling without fish for about a week now. The water has a brown tint but pretty clear. I am sure from the new wood and the iron I added for my live plants. I plan on doing a partial water change tonight. I had one survivor which is a small pleco. I bought a brand new 20 gallon and have placed him in there doing partial water changes daily and incorporating some of my 240g water. ICH has been an issue every time I add fish from local store. I hope to use my 20 gallon as a quarantine or breeder tank. I am open ears to anyone with good advice. I love this hobby but I just haven't nailed it yet. Any pointers on how I can keep these little (for now)guys healthy.
PS. My 2 pacu did not die they grew to 15" and I gave them to a lady who donated them to sea world in San Diego.

Setup: 1 fx5(400g) 1aqua clear 110. 1 marine land C360(100 g)
240g aquarium (8'x2'x2')
2 heaters and 2 current thingys.

The pics show before and after.

Attachments

• image-437393849.jpg
    image-437393849.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3842500525.jpg
    image-3842500525.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-148251232.jpg
    image-148251232.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2141467082.jpg
    image-2141467082.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 63
To me, it sounds like your doing what u can for the pH. Unless someone else has more information.

If the 20 gallon isn't cycled, then there's an article under this forum for fish in cycling. You could follow that. But just check your parameters and change water as needed.

I like that huge piece of driftwood u had sitting at the top of the tank. Actually I like all of the driftwood u have. I like that u have sand. You could add more large rocks and or plants. I like the idea you have going. I like the natural look but it's all based on personal opinion.

Besides that I don't have much more to tell you unless u have more specific questions :)

Thanks. Yea I was thinking of putting rock but I heard that may increase PH so I laid off it for now. Probably will need to remove some of the wood or break it up as the fish grow. Was kinda going for a natural river theme. Minus the background which is still there from a Black and White party we had last year. Haha

I also have a 240 gallon :)

In mine I have a few sevarums, a few red hooks, and a giant gourami.
I want an arowana, but I've had some bad luck with them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom