resealin 45 gallon corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxysaving

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have recently started a pet project on resealin my 45 gallon saltwater tank the tank started leakin out one corner so far I have peeled off one corner of silicone and am makin very slow progress I'm not makin it a salt tank again as I alrsady have a 65 gallon saltwter and am plannin to make my 45 a freshwater for my fish which are currently housed in my 10 gallon now I was wondering if it would be possible to use materials for deco right from the enviroment instead of goin thru a store and if so where would I begin and what would be advised or suggested to make it look like a real portion of a riverbed?

Update on the tank have finally finished removing the old silicone and cleaned out the tank tommrrow will be reapplyin new silicone :)

Thats awesome. I'm doing the same thing, I bought a 45g tank for $4 so I'm redoing all the silicone too

This one my husband bought for a thousand off his sister in law and after two months of havin it it started leakin out the corner it was a salt tank but once its finished I'm turnin it into a fresh

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131027_142921.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131027_142921.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 84
Oh you took yours apart completely...lol I didn't do that I couldn't get the silicone underneath the trim to let go this is gonna be a very newbie resealin job lol

Yea i took everything apart, because one of the sides u could put a pen between the glass lol

Thanks, it's a 45 gallons, I bought it for $4 thats be best part

It was a saltwater I'm makin it a freshwater now 3 clown loaches 3 red tail sharks 3 neon tetras 3 black tetras 1 orange rosa 1 gray cloud minnow 2 plecos one yellow the other white 4 ghost shrimp 2 tiger barbs 1 cherry barb and I believe that's all lol

So far their spread between three other tanks ill find out if its gonna be to mich when I start puttin them in I guess

Back
Top Bottom