Restart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I have a 10 gallon tank that right now has no fish in it.I have tried 7 fish.5 fish died.I gave the other 2 to a friend who knows more about this stuff.So my tank is just running with nothing in it.I want to try this whole process again and this time do it properly.Can someone plz give me advice on how to just restart?

What 7 fish did you have in the 10g tank?

I would say clean every thing, and then fill it up with water. Once you do that turn your heater, and filter on. Then let it run as if there was fish in there for a few days, and then test the water. Once you do that let us know the results, and someone can help ya from there. I'm sure in a couple of days later the fish tank will be ready though.

Cycling is a longer process. Basically its the process if the tank establishing enough "something" to sustain the fish you want.

I know someone here is way better wuth knowledge than me as it has been awhule since ive had a tank.

Ok,I asked someone who has 2 very successful tanks about what to do,and he said this:
Let it run normally for about a week.Then buy a Pleco and let it run for another 2-3 weeks to build up the necessary bacteria for your fish to thrive. Then go to your fish store and have them test it for you.If they say it is good,add 2 fish.if they say its not good,then go home,do a water change,and wait another week.Then go back and test it and if they say its good........every few weeks go back and test it to see if the levels are ok,and if they are add 2 fish until it is fully stocked.

Is this advice good?Im stocking it with male endler guppies and recently added some more decorations to my tank.

Attachments

• image-95477702.jpg
    image-95477702.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 57
You should get an API freshwater master test kit they are the best and most accurate testers.

It will save you alot of needless trips to the LFS!

Don't get the pleco. Do a fishless cycle. You can get the API kit and a small bottle of ammonium chloride on amazon for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom