Restarting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and a 'well this is common sense, but I was too dumb to think before acting'. If you buy Eco-Complete this time of year, and it arrives frozen, don't just throw it in a 80 degree tank. The sounds were terrifying and I thought the tank was going to shatter.

Hillarious, but good to know!! **slapping knee laughing at work and everyone is stareing now**

Some odd readings this morning put the fish on hold. While Ammonia is still turning over in less than 24 hours, Nitrites spiked, dropped and now have spiked again (or so the test shows). Since I'm in no rush for fish I'll just try to test more often to see what is going on.

Is it possible I didn't dose Ammonia often enough and the Nitrites bottomed but came back when dosed?

60% WC today to help the DW tinge. Primed, Flourished and Ammonia'd. I'll test tonight.

Still can't get it done. Ammonia still turns over in less than 24 hours. But Nitrites will not drop. Added some crushed flake the other day to see if that helps. Nitrates are plummeting too, not exactly what I want for the plants which were doing good.

nitrates will come down quickly if your nitrites arent turning over. Your plants are consuming it faster than your BB can produce it. Sound like you may have a little cycle stall. Keep at it.

Anyone else notice that the tank was slightly out of level?

Now way, it's the floor! OK, maybe it's the tank. Result of a first time wood project being the stand. It's unnoticeable when kept topped off.

It's not the looks that bothers me. It's the fact that there is more stess on the sides of the tank when it isn't level, which could cause the tank to leak and eventually break. It more than likely won't with a tank that size and it's not that much out of level. I try to get my tanks as level as possible though to prevent a disaster.

I understand and appreciate the advise. It is level and plumb on every side/face except the rear left front high to low in the back. It's small and if it ever leaked I'd take action. Leaking on hardwood would not make me happy. Thanks again.

Coincidence the New Year completes my cycle? Did a PWC mainly for the DW tinge again, plus helped me to do some re-arranging. Fish store is open till 9pm. Thinking of getting the Corries & Ottos today as long as another water test is all good in a few hours. Does 4 Corries & 6 Ottos sound good?

Happy New Year All!

My later test(s) gave me hesitation. But today it's on like donkey kong. To the fish store we go.

Yay, I can blame you for making it a 30+ day cycle. Which just felt longer than it really was. Probably because of the woman continuing to ask why I heat, filter & constantly test 'plain' water for so long.

Yeah, sorry about that. You should've shot me a PM. :ROFLMAO:

Got any good fish store recommendations? I'm still new to the area. Found Rick's in Frederick, MD but I'm not entirely thrilled (ever find yourself at the store hearing advise the employees are giving a customer and feel like 'oh my ****, you're not telling them that')

Then have to find the tank that doesn't have a dead fish in it. Still, Ricks is far superior to Petco & such.

Yup, just looking for fish. All else comes from online as well. Scales looks to be under an hour, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom