Reverse osmosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gd question, the amount of water conditioner I use is crazy, I'm gonna subscribe just in case someone answers lol.

I just asked it in another forum and they actually answered me back and they recommend you need conditioner still.

I've used an RO filter and didn't use a water conditioner. It may depend on the filter. Mine was suppose to also remove chloride and chloramine.

Now I think about I'm sure I read somewhere you have to add some nutrients or something like that back into the water if its for freshwater tanks, that's not 100% certain tho

I have discus fish... I was mixing it 3:1 3 being ro water 1/ treated tap.

I use RO water, and it's 99.99999999% pure. The conditionner removes chlorine and heavy metals (just the glamrock ones), so it's 100% unnecessary in my opinion. Conditionners like Aqua-Plus though cover fish with a protective membrane, which can be of interrest, but not worth it IMO.

The water is so pure that you have to add trace elements. If you use a buffer for an African Biotype or south american biotype, usually, you have those elements with it. If you have a biotype with a PH of 7.0, no buffer exists for you. trace elements can be availaible online but they never have some at my LFS, and looked at me like I was an alien when I asked for it. You can make a mix 90% RO Water and 10% conditionned tap water, and bingo! You have your trace elements. Some people think this method is useless though and say you polute your RO water, but I think that there's no panic!

Back
Top Bottom