I'm thinking about getting a rubber lip pleco from my LFS
but I'm really nervous. When I had normal algae eaters from petsmart, both of them died so I don't know what to expect with the rubber lip pleco in my 10 gallon. I have some vids of my tank on youtube so I don't have to describe my tank and here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/user/RoseyCom...m?blend=1&ob=0
Thats my channel with my 1 comet goldfish and 9 minnows. They have a 5-15 aqua tech filter and 2 15mw lightbulbs in the hood. I've had the tank now for about 2 months and I really want a rubber lip pleco. I'm not going to make you guys read throught this whole entire thing feeling bored so i'll just list my questions 1,2,3,4 .. order and you can reply in that order.
1. Would a small 1 in - 1.5 in rubber lip pleco survive in this tank?
2. Would he require driftwood ?
3. Would he be agressive with my minnows and goldfish?
4. I have this white-brown algae growing. Would the pleco eat it?
5. With the pleco, would I need to leave the lights on always?
6.Can i feed him Wardley Shrimp pellets for bottom feeders or would I have to get him algae wafers?
7. Do they require more hiding places then I have in my tank ( look at my youtube vids from my link ) ?
8. Would my pleco be active or kind of shy from my tank setup?
9.When should I feed him?
10. There is not much algae except for the white-brown algae which there isn't alot so would i have to leave the lights on to grow more algae for him?
If you guys have any other tips or suggestions, comments about my tank on youtube, just reply and please answer.Please answer and