Sand and filter question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

Quick question, I have completed my Rescape now. However the **** fish keep digging the sand up around the plants!

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?

Many thanks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448961181.449709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How deep is your sand ? I use 2-3" at least.
07cdc0e15e776c1dff9aac250389a4e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is about 1" roughly, time to add more sand me thinks? This probably explains why I have woke up to plants floating on the top as well ?

Btw nice looking tank, looking to add some wood into mine too!

That sounds like a good idea. It's only one plant that is floating though, this is due to the fish attacking it all the time, all others are ok... Around one plant they just keep digging the sand up... Any ideas why this could be?

Tbh i have no clue, I have bought a few sword that came in with crummy roots and trimmed them pretty heavy, instead if trying to get them to stay i bought a $1 pack of rocks, very smooth edges from the dollar store and used them to hold the plants in place, done it with sword and crypts so far with no problems. about 1-2 weeks and the roots have taken hold i remove the rocks.

Thanks exigenn, I think I will give this a shot! It seems to me that they are digging into the sand to get at the roots of the plant. There may be something for them to nibble on I would imagine. Hopefully some rocks will prevent them from getting in there ??

Back
Top Bottom