schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I already have 2 leopard and 2 zebra danios in my 55g if I get a pair of giant danios will they all school(swim together) or will the giant danios just swim around by themselves?

They might school, but I am leaning towards no. There are cases where lone fish sometimes school with a larger, but different school of fish.

Thank you I'm trying to put another school in the tank but I thought maybe the giant danios would just expand 1 I already have

It all depends on the fish, I have a mixed school of three lined cories, green emerald cories, and bronze cories. And the emeralds are much bigger than the others, but they all still form a school

Mine do the same I have a spotted, a green, a julie and a panda that school together. That's why I was wondering about the danios

I have neons and xray tetras, and sometimes they school. So I guess it depends, danios might not because they're very active

I actually have serpae tetras, prestella tetras, buenos aires tetras, cherry barbs that all school together and sometimes my guppys join in. That's why I was either looking to add to what I have(different types of the same fish) or get another school of something. I tried Kerri tetras but they started attacking everything and there were 8 if them but couldn't figure out why they were so aggressive.

No, they won't. The giants are top dwelling fish. The leopard and zebra are hyper, but peaceful. Giants are flat out rowdy, especially when not in a full school of their own.

Current stock:

5- guppys
4- corys(1 spotted, 1 julie, 1 green, 1 panda)
5- cherry barbs
5- buenos aires tetras
5- prestella tetras
5- serpae tetras
1- dalmation Molly
1- gold dust Molly
1- red wag platty

I was gonna add at least one mor of each to have a total of 6 if the giants didn't work and now that I've researched a little online was thinking of adding a school of gold barbs but was open to any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom