Scrapping old plans, new ones are here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
well for now i am postphoning the whole 30 fw lightly planted tank. i have now realized that i wont have the time to breed and i know i could just let the fry be food but i dont need another 30 gallons to take care of so that will just stay how it is for now. and i dont know if anyone read y other post but while i was in aruba my pico reef that i was going to be picking up progress with when i got back completely crashed. 100%. sexy shrimp dead, snails dead, and hermits dead. that was it. now im just going to move the lr to the back of the nanocube and drain the little 3 gallon. and whenever i get around to it which will be very soon, im going to be making it into a nice little planted tank! i think just a few neons will be it. then i can work on my plant skills and i will decide if i want to move on with the 30. so im going to be getting my feet wet. ill get quite a few tiny pieces of driftwood or one nicely sized piece, throw in some moss and other things(ill need help with plants, not a clue on any of them). but yeah thats the new plan for now.
Thanks!

Sorry to here about your crash man, that's always a downer.

What I suggest for that small FW tank your planning on doing.

I wouldn't put neons in it, that would be too small for them, 5 gallon tank is pushing it, I suggest a nice simple shrimp only tank. With a nice carpet of some kind, either christmas moss or flame moss for a lower light system, dwarf hairgrass or HC for a more medium to higher light system. Then have a nice tallish plant that will eventually grow up and drap over the top of the tank, like corkscrew val, something like that.

it has 18 watt 50/50 lighting already if that means anything to anybody. yeah it sucked but now im looking forward to not having to deal with the salinity on that small of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom