Seachem Stability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i used it to help the bacteria growth when i moved from my 20gal to 75gal. Not to sure if it worked as I had my filter running on the 20gal for 3 weeks prior to transition. I did see a slight ammonia spike up to .5 for about 5-7 days days. No nitrite or nitrate though. The rep at the lfs store said it's the best to "help promote bacteria growth". Help promote not put the bacteria there. You still need to add a source of ammonia.
Is this tank starting from scratch? Do you have another tank you could borrow some bio media to help jump startm the cyce?

Mazdaman said:
i used it to help the bacteria growth when i moved from my 20gal to 75gal. Not to sure if it worked as I had my filter running on the 20gal for 3 weeks prior to transition. I did see a slight ammonia spike up to .5 for about 5-7 days days. No nitrite or nitrate though. The rep at the lfs store said it's the best to "help promote bacteria growth". Help promote not put the bacteria there. You still need to add a source of ammonia.
Is this tank starting from scratch? Do you have another tank you could borrow some bio media to help jump startm the cyce?

I do have a 37 gallon tank going also, how can I "borrow" some of its biomedia?

You can take some media out of the filter on your 37 gallon and put it in your new filter, or you can use your new filter on your 37 gallon tank for a couple of weeks and then use it on your new tank. You will see a small ammonia spike with either of these methods, but nothing like if you start from scratch. I've set up tanks both ways and I've been extremely successful doing this. BTW if you pull filter media out of your old filter to put it in the new filter, be careful not to take too much out. :mrgreen:

I used this product on both my 10 gallons and put the fish in the following day. Never had a problem. Based on my experience with it, I have absolutely no problems standing behind this product 100%. Just follow the directions.

Back
Top Bottom