second best cycling product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadrider5953

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the best cycling product besides bio spira that i can buy to help cycle my tank? I just wanted to know because i want to finish my cycle so i can add more fish ( i currently have 3 black phantom tetras). Answers appreciated. TIA

-Kyle

Know anyone with a well established tank? Get some filter medium from them... once you have the wee beasties they will double the colony almost daily as long as there is nutirents and media for them.

and if you can get biospira try and get a new shipment or make sure its in a refrigerator or something

i know someone wit and established tank but he lives about and hour away. How will i be able to get the medium to my house? Also im am not going to be seeing him until labor day weekend anyways, my cycle should be done by then anyways.
Well thanks for your help. Ill ask my lfs employees if they have biospira. if not i will just have to wait for the tank to cycle by itself. thanks again.;

-Kyle

If you trust your lfs you could ask them for some used filter media or gravel. Only do this if you trust them and they keep thier tanks well.

The second best product to the best of my knowledge is SeaChem's Stability.. and it does not instantly cycle your tank like BioSperia does.. it can take a week or two..

in my opinion, if you ask for biospira and they don't have it, don't let them recommend any other products to you.

there is a very common one out there called "cycle" that is useless, yet gets recommended by every LFS i go to. all these products that aren't fresh, and aren't stored in a fridge, probably contained bacteria at one point, but all is dead by the time you even get it since they have no way to stay established.

biospira or bust!! lol. your best option if you can't find it is definetly getting media from an established tank that you trust.

good luck

-brent

Back
Top Bottom