Second hand aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lola

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello, I am about to buy a second hand aquarium, but before I do, I would like to have your opinion.

Do you think this is a good offer? The owner does not know how old is the aquarium, but he bought it second hand too. I imagine that the equipment is old. I hesitate to buy it. what do you think? thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, I am about to buy a second hand aquarium, but before I do, I would like to have your opinion.

Do you think this is a good offer? The owner does not know how old is the aquarium, but he bought it second hand too. I imagine that the equipment is old. I hesitate to buy it. what do you think? thank you.
What is the offer? and what is the size of the tank? There will be work involved and things to look for. You will absolutely have to reseal the tank as the silicone will have become dried out over time, typically 10 years is the life span. Also some hard water stains on glass if left on for a long time etch permanently into the glass and no matter what you try to remove it, wont come off.

Petco (if you have one) is doing their dollar per gallon sale right now. You’d still have to buy all your equipment for the tank at normal price.

Back
Top Bottom