Second tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ESeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a planned 20 gallon high and have just recently aired a 55 gallon. I am just getting ready to start cycling but am already thinking about what type of fish to put in there. I want a larger fish, 5-6 in, or 2 with some smaller schooling fish. I am currently looking at angels or opaline gourami. Any stocking sidings are appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That was supposed to say stocking not siding.

I think this would be a nice stocking list:

5 boesemani rainbows
2 German blue rams
1 angel
2 pearl gouramis
15 cardinal tetras

How does this sounds?
1 Angelfish
2 Pearl Gourami
2 GBR
10 Harlequin Rasbora
6 Emerald Green Cory

That's why I'm asking. I wasn't sure about the angelfish. I would possibly skip the angel in favor of a school of lemon tetra

How does this sounds?
1 Angelfish
2 Pearl Gourami
2 GBR
10 Harlequin Rasbora
6 Emerald Green Cory

Harlequins would likely become angel snacks once Angels are adults.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes, people tend to forget how BIG those cute little angels in the store get! I wish dwarf angelfish were available. I'm afraid mine will get my Cherry barbs when it's full grown (It's about half grown now).

is this for the 20 gallon or 55 gallon?

Sorry this is for the 55 (auto correct killed me on the OP). The 20 gallon is planted and fully stocked with platies, long fin zebra danios, false julii cories, and cherry shrimp. I just don't know much about the bigger fish that i can have now that I have a 55 gallon.

Ok, I started this post a while ago. I've done a bit more research and have come back with a new stocking plan. Please look it over and let me know if you can forsee any problems. Again, this is for a planted 55 gallon tank.
-7 Black Phantom Tetras (already in the tank)
-7 Cherry Barbs
-5 Emerald Catfish
-5 Nerite Snails
-4 GBR
-2 Pearl Gourami
According to aquaadvisor that should put me around 90%. Please give me a heads up if this will get someone eaten. Thanks

I wouldn't do 4 GBR. A pair would be fine. Gourami are also notorious for being aggressive to their own species.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I wouldn't do 4 GBR. A pair would be fine. Gourami are also notorious for being aggressive to their own species.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Why would you not do 4 GBR? I've heard gourami can be aggressive, was figuring on a male and a female or two females. I know two males could be a real problem.

Why would you not do 4 GBR? I've heard gourami can be aggressive, was figuring on a male and a female or two females. I know two males could be a real problem.

The same applies to GBR. Two males in the same tank usually won't end well for one or both.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ok I can scale them back and add another tetra and barb or two

Back
Top Bottom