Seeded filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
If you where to ship seeded filter media with tank water and add ammonia to it would it last in a USPS flat rate box?

I haven't tried this one but I'm not sure if this will work. BB also needs oxygen.

Yea but the fish last I would think as long as u filled the bags with air they would last maybe im wrong anyone up for a experiment later down the road when I get some media established?

thras said:
Yea but the fish last I would think as long as u filled the bags with air they would last maybe im wrong anyone up for a experiment later down the road when I get some media established?

That's a good point. That should work then. Delivery should be as fast as when you're shipping livestock.

it'd be fine just insulate it like you would a bag of fish. Don't add ammonia, that's just a recipe for disaster. The BB will be fine for a few days without it, not to mention, if the colony does start to die off, guess what it releases...yep, ammonia.

Angelsplus sells an 'active' sponge filter, which is just a pre-seeded sponge filter, and it works great, i've tested it a few times.

Back
Top Bottom