Seeding material for new tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hbbambislayer

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend is going to give me a few bioballs from his marineland canister filter, I've read you can just put them in the tank and let them float around is that preferable or should I open my filters and put them in there I'm running 2 fluval 306s

New Tank Cycling

My friend is going to give me a few bioballs from his marineland canister filter, I've read you can just put them in the tank and let them float around is that preferable or should I open my filters and put them in there I'm running 2 fluval 306s

Hello Hb...

Anything with a surface area from an established tank will help cycle a new tank. I don't think it makes a difference where in the new tank you put the bioballs.

B

Thanks I was thinking that I put them in the filters and just forget they even exist, was afriad if I put them in the tank after it was cycled and I removed them it mess up the cycle or cause a mini cycle

Tank Cycling

Thanks I was thinking that I put them in the filters and just forget they even exist, was afriad if I put them in the tank after it was cycled and I removed them it mess up the cycle or cause a mini cycle

Hello again Hb...

If you removed the eco bio balls after the tank cycled, the good bacteria would replace the amount removed within a few hours. The microscopic bugs that cycle the tank reproduce very quickly, if there's enough dissolved nitrogen (fish waste) in the water for them to eat.

B

Back
Top Bottom