Seeding my 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevoholic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to seed my 20g from the sponge of my 5.5g, which finally completed it's cycle 3 days ago!:dance: How much of the sponge should I cut off of it to put in with my other filter.

I have also been using a sponge as a baffle for the filter to slow the exit stream down because it's too strong for my Betta. Could I just take that sponge off and put it in the new tank? I'm not sure where the most BB grow, in the sponge on the inside of the filter, or do they grow evenly on both?

Not sure whether they grow evenly but the sponge you use to baffle the filter should help some. Even a full filter of media from a 5.5 gal couldn't cycle a 20 gal fully but any bit probably helps. I use a sponge to baffle the filter on my betta tank too and it does get fairly grimy and I change it out pretty often so I would think it would help.

Not sure whether they grow evenly but the sponge you use to baffle the filter should help some. Even a full filter of media from a 5.5 gal couldn't cycle a 20 gal fully but any bit probably helps. I use a sponge to baffle the filter on my betta tank too and it does get fairly grimy and I change it out pretty often so I would think it would help.

Thanks. I know it won't cycle it fully, I'm just trying to help it along. I think I'm just going to take the baffle sponge off and drop it in the 20g filter and then just put a new sponge on the 5.5g filter to replace the baffle.

Back
Top Bottom