Seeking Advice, Expertise and Wisdom i.e. Help me Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueduck7711

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a few questions but I'm mainly looking for opinions and advice on a hand me down tank I recently acquired. It a 30 gallon hex with a pengiun bio-wheel 200. No heater but the water temp stays at steady at 74-75. I haven't gotten a test kit yet so I have no idea of water quality. I plan to update on Friday when I buy one. I've had the tank for about 3 weeks nowand I've been doing 40-50% water changes every Friday. It came already stocked with no information on the fish. I've been able to identify most of them with the exception of one. Hoping someone will recognize it since its the one I'm most concerned about.

Currently I have

5 black neon tetras
5 indian Glassy fish
4 guppies
2 long finned leopard Danios 1 male 1 female (they rarely go near each other)
2 unkown type of cray fish
1 unknown about 3 inches long
1 6-7 inch pelco (trying to find a new home for him since he can barely swim in my tank)

all the of the fish seem to be okay and mesh well together with the exception of the 1 male Danio he darts rapidly around the tank and makes dive attacks at the other fish every so often.

This guy, which I'm hoping someone can tell me what type of fish is it, seems to be very reclusive. I rarely ever see him, he mostly hides and stays at the bottom of the tank. Not sure if this is normal behavior or a sign of something else. His mouth also only opens on one side I don't know if this is natural or the result of sickness or injury.

unkiwn.jpg

I actually like these Cray, they're interesting to watch. They are small and don't seem to bother the fish but I don't problems in the future if anyone knows what type they are so i can do some research on them.

cray.jpg

That's it I guess, I just wanted an opinion on the stocking. I'm planning on relocating the pelco ASAP and probably the guppies, I know they multiply quickly. I'm also wondering about the Danios, do they need to be kept in a larger group? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Wow, a little overstocked! Glad you are rehoming some(y) Not sure what your mystery fish is, but yes, Danios are schooling fish and prefer to be in groups of 6+. Hope someone else can help you on the other stuff. I like your crays too :)

Back
Top Bottom