Seeking stocking tips 55gal freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alystric

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a used 55 gallon tank and I am looking forward to getting it up and running. But, I am determined to do tons of research and not rush things. I have checked the tank for leaks and I have it in a proper location (no direct sunlight, a level and supportive surface, easy access, etc.) I know I have a lot more to do before I'm ready for fish but I figure that knowing what kind of fish I want is a good place to start. So, I spent today on the internet studying all kinds of fish. I think I've come up with some compatible tank mates, but I would really appreciate advice and helpful suggestions from some one who has had actual experience. So, here's what I was thinking-

6 cory cats
4 silver dollar fish
1 angel fish
1 starry night pleco

Does anyone see any potential problems with this? Or maybe someone out there has a better idea... Thanks in advance!

if you want silver dollars i would recommend getting at least 5. also the silver dollars would likely bite the angels fins, so i dont know if thats such a good idea. just make sure your tank is completely cycled, i would do a fishless cycle, before you add any fish. and always add fish a little at a time, not all at once.

Welcome to AA! :)

The only problem I see is if you want to do plants now or in the future. Silver dollars decimate plants.

Back
Top Bottom