Setting up a 125 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 75 gallon tank and am upgrading. I have a couple questions.

Do I need to use some of the water from my current tank in the new tank or can I just fill it up with new water since i will b using the same canister filter ?
I will b moving all my livestock from the 75 to the 125....

I am adding another canister filter, maybe two more for lots of filtration....should I set those up on my 75 now to get the proper bacteria growing or just seed them with media from my current filter when setting up on the new tank ?

Is it okay to have two heaters...one on each end of the tank, which is 6 feet long, or is it better to have just one for the entire tank.

May have more questions as I go....thanks

joshv155 said:
I currently have a 75 gallon tank and am upgrading. I have a couple questions.

Do I need to use some of the water from my current tank in the new tank or can I just fill it up with new water since i will b using the same canister filter ?
I will b moving all my livestock from the 75 to the 125....

I am adding another canister filter, maybe two more for lots of filtration....should I set those up on my 75 now to get the proper bacteria growing or just seed them with media from my current filter when setting up on the new tank ?

Is it okay to have two heaters...one on each end of the tank, which is 6 feet long, or is it better to have just one for the entire tank.

May have more questions as I go....thanks

I wouldn't worry about adding old tank water to the new tank, just as long as your using the same
Filters and filter media which you are so your good. You could take some of the cycled filter media and put in the filter(s) you add and let them seed that way. I have a 30g and I have two heaters on each end of my tank, one is preset and the other is adjustable. It keeps my tanks temperature more constant from what I've found.

Back
Top Bottom