setting up my 46 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear those African butterfly fish are top dwelling fish and can be a lil grouchy. But I've never kept them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i know they are top fish they just sit right at the top, what about some of the bichers

Go small and watch them grow, for the most part they will get used to each other. That's what I hear from alot of sources. Depending on species usually of course.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you have a any particular question?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
My aquarium fishes has been dieing back to back though changed water and made it cleaned. Pls advice.

Sent from my Aqua_Power_HD using Tapatalk

Could your tank be too clean? What is the process that you do when doing water changes and everything else in between . Be specific and I'm sure everyone can help.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

eclipse catfish are awesome, I have one in my 55g. They grow so fast! Mine went from 1 inch to like 4.5-5 in 3 months. Make sure you have a dark place for him to hide, mine's in a driftwood cave. I dont see him during the day, but when you wait until night, turn off the lights and shine a flashlight in the tank, they are going crazy. They eat everything in sight, including algae tablets and even floating food on the surface. You don't have to worry about your other fish getting food (except maybe other nocturnal fish), just feed them during the day and everybody's happy.

so here is my curent list of fish i want,
1 butterfly fish
1 jewel chiclid
1 mystic catrish
and a bichir(what species?)
and maby a fish that will live in a group but can live with 3?

sorry should not have said mysic cat, they are called that at my lfs, she said i could put him in that tank, and he gets like 5 inches.

Those fish aren't always compatible and you don't have enough space in a 46 gallon. Im not sure if this is your first tank or not, but bioload will be an issue here.

Ive tried to tell you Eclipse Cats should school. Lots of people don't have them as a school, that doesn't mean its good for the fish.

Thats my last word on this conversation, you are very obviously going to do as you want.

No hard feelings though :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

well im not not planing on eclipse catfish, i was going to do a fish that was at my lfs, they are not eclipse catfish that i know of

and these are fish i want to get, not that i will get =, compatibility is very important to me, so if i have to remove a fish or two from the list than i will

and these are fish i want to get, not that i will get =, compatibility is very important to me, so if i have to remove a fish or two from the list than i will

Well, bioload is as, if not more, important. Cats and Bichirs can have a big bioload, especially if they are fed live/frozen food which is better for them.

I would say do like 2 Senegal Bichir, and maybe some Jewels Cichlids, which are compatible to my knowledge and the Jewels are pretty.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Sigh...

They grow big, the Clown Knife can get 30+ inches. Bioload isnt as bad but they are presators and have a decent bioload still.

Also, they are shy sometimes. The Brown Knife hides almost all day and is the only suitable sized knife for that tank, although i would say a 55 is better.

I wouldn't say you could keep an African Brown Knife alone, or maybe with a few select fish like Gouramis... Larger fish could hurt it, it can hurt/eat small fish.

All in all, not a great option.

Again, a group of 3 Pictus would work. Put that with a group of maybe Opaline Gouramis and that would be ok...

Back
Top Bottom