Setting up second hand tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question if I was to set up a second hand tank how long so I have to wait to add the fish? They are in a really small one at the moment (not my fish) but would like to get them in asap. If I use their tank water rocks and filter which would have good bacteria how long would I need to wait. I'm trying to get a bigger one for them they are only in one around 11 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know I would need to let it sit for a few weeks is that right? As well as testing the water regularly. I haven't got the tank yet I've been looking online for a second hand one. I think the sooner the fish get out of this small tank the better they will be but I want to do it right so I don't stress or the fish. They are at my work at a school.

If you are going from like a 5g to a 11g just swap the rocks filter and like half the water and your good to go.

I just started a 7.5 gallon buy filling my 106 half full of Matrix from another filter, I don't "cycle" tanks anymore.

Hi I'm probably going from like a 39 litre to maybe like a 50-60? Still be ok to do what you said?

Back
Top Bottom