Short question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many fish can I add to my 20g ??
I already have
1 comet goldfish
2 Molly's
3 tetras
2 Cory catfish
2 guppies
That's 10 fish I have in my 20g tank!
Thanks :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418775971.130558.jpg
* I know I shouldn't add more fish till my fish tank is cycle, don't worry I already know that.

I think you may be maxed out on fish. I atleast think you should wait until you are fully cycled but if you do add more I would recommend adding more Cory catfish in my experience they will be a lot happier and more active in larger groups. I started with only two and they were not active at all then I added four more and they seemed like totally different fish (swimming all over the place). It's also neat to watch them lay eggs.

I think you may be maxed out on fish. I atleast think you should wait until you are fully cycled but if you do add more I would recommend adding more Cory catfish in my experience they will be a lot happier and more active in larger groups. I started with only two and they were not active at all then I added four more and they seemed like totally different fish (swimming all over the place). It's also neat to watch them lay eggs.

I have two only and they swim together and they all over the place :)

Rehome the Goldfish. They need ponds, not tanks.
Plus they are Coldwater fish. Plus they are poop machines.

Test your water daily. Once the goldfish is out you can add some hardy plants like Anubias or Java Fern.

If you want to keep the GF for now, get a big Rubbermaid tote and a canister filter. At least 4x volume of water. So a 50g stock tank or aquarium would need 200g of filtration.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418785020.577862.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom