Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah that's how you know that! Thanks a bunch! Oh and just curious what do you have in the 1 gallon tank?

We will see during this Orinoco build of mine if I have room for cories lol I definately have soft enough sand for them

Where are you buying five and five of the shrimp?

User said:
We will see during this Orinoco build of mine if I have room for cories lol I definately have soft enough sand for them

Where are you buying five and five of the shrimp?

I've been looking online at that bobs tropical plants place and aquabid and a few other places, plus there are some nice aquarium stores around me that might order some in if I ask:)

If you find red tiger shrimp, let me know how it goes. I might want some for my larger tank.

You are lucky! no lfs near me would do that lol cause I dont know of many

Yeah I wouldn't get a heater. And you're Making me want a shrimp tank...either a 5 gallon shrimp tank or a 30 gallon saltwater....hmmmm....the shrimp tank would be hundreds less...and I do only earn minimum wage....

And nothings in the 1 gallon....I wouldn't even put shrimp in there lol. Maybe a shrimp qt haha. I use it for drip acclimation though

darn min wage is so frustrating at times. I want some yellow shrimp for my twenty. I am going to hold off on the sw for as long as possible! lol

Yeah. It'd probly take me two months of saving to save up enough for a biocube30 w/ sand fish and rock. That's if I don't spend any on anything else. Idk, decisions decisions.

Idk, decisions decisions.

Thats all life is..

Id save slowly for the sw tank and do lots of research (if you hadnt already). In the meantime id setup a cheap shrimp tank to look at.

Haha I don't think my mom would let me have 3. That would be awesome though.
Yah ill probly just put chunks of my check into savings.

My mom wouldnt either lol then I convinced her to buy one of mine in my room for the downstairs. Then used dollar per gallon excuse to get a 40B lol
now i have a 40B, a 55, a 20, and I take care of the 20 I sold them lol

Whoops the fifty five is mine but downstairs. Sorry. I do have my 40 and 20 long in my room. And a 2.5 gallon but it does not have anything.

Would gravel be an ok substance for them? Or would sand/soil be better? Also how do they like their tank set up? Food ideas? Sorry but I'm clueless when it comes to shrimp! Also just to add on to how many tanks I have in my room: x1 55, x1 13, x 1 5, x1 2.5 and soon x1 8:)

Also should I put some PVC pipe in there for them to climb into because it seems as if most all shrimp tanks have that.

Would gravel be an ok substance for them? Or would sand/soil be better? Also how do they like their tank set up? Food ideas? Sorry but I'm clueless when it comes to shrimp! Also just to add on to how many tanks I have in my room: x1 55, x1 13, x 1 5, x1 2.5 and soon x1 8:)

Wow you have a 55 in your room?? lucky! anyway.. I am sure they will be just fine with a gravel substrate and I think most plants will be fine as well. There should be a decent amount of cover and an open area, this is how I am going to set up mine. You can buy shrimp food if you want but they are scavengers and will eat most food. Mine ate crushed up algea wafers and tropical fish food.

Yes a PVC pipe would not be a bad addition. It will give them a place to hide. I would cover it with moss to make it look natural

User said:
Wow you have a 55 in your room?? lucky! anyway.. I am sure they will be just fine with a gravel substrate and I think most plants will be fine as well. There should be a decent amount of cover and an open area, this is how I am going to set up mine. You can buy shrimp food if you want but they are scavengers and will eat most food. Mine ate crushed up algea wafers and tropical fish food.

Yes a PVC pipe would not be a bad addition. It will give them a place to hide. I would cover it with moss to make it look natural

Yeah the 55 belongs to my beloved turtle and her 2 pet goldfish... Okay I'll keep the gravel, but when I get my bees I'm putting in soil or sand. I'll look around for some PVC piping and use some moss to cover it up. Do you think that marimo balls, java moss, and guppy grass is sufficient for them? I'll use the food I have (flakes) and I'll get some wafers as well:). Thanks a bunch!!!

Back
Top Bottom