Siamese fighting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trinatrue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am new to keeping fish. My son got me a Siamese fighting fish for Xmas and have to say I feel in love with him straight away. He was beautiful. I did a bit of research and everyone said he should b in his own tank on his own so last weekend I spent £60 on a cube tank for him. Despite all I have done he died yesterday. I'm absolutely gutted. What did I do wrong? :-(

No I didn't know about cycling :-( thank you for your advice :) x

Welcome to the forum!
I am really sorry about your fish. :(
You should definitely read the link from LyndaB and let us know if oyu have any questions. There are lots of reasons that a fish can die, one of the simplest reasons if that the fish may have been unhealthy when you got it. Bettas are not always treated well before they end up in your loving tank. If you would like to get another betta, after you read the links you should be well-prepared. :) They really are fun, personable fish and your son picked an awesome present for you. I will warn you though, bettas are addicting...

I had something similar happen recently. I didn't know about cycling either. I never had fish die on me before but this most recent aquarium setup I got had 7 fish and a shrimp die in it. The fish died within hours and the shrimp died a few days later.

I am now cycling my tank (I just started) and am hoping for a much better round 2.

I bought 4 female guppies to go with the 3 male ones I already had 2 days ago. I got home from work today. Turned the fish tank light on and was shocked to see 2 babies :) what do I do with them? Do I love them out or leave them in?

Trina, if you leave them they will most likely be eaten, you can net them out into a breeder (either a plastic or fabric mesh box to keep them away from the parents) ifyou want to try to keep them alive.

Back
Top Bottom