Sick albino cory ? What happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saucy840

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ey guys as you know i finished my cycle almost 2 - 3 weeks ago . 1 of my albino cory's was acting weird since i got it from the lfs it would swim up n down the sides of the tank over n over n over again an not rele spend time on the bottom. I cant be sure that this is the same one but its the only one now sick. I noticed he was kinda puffed up yesterday and now today he has red dots on his side and a few on the fins , also his back fin doesnt look like the other 2 corys fins, its shaped different. He wont move around unless i touch him and hen he does he justs comes to another stop on the bottom of the tank like he is resting but does not move the only way i knew he was alive was his breathing. Also He seems a bit pale more white then pink or albino.

Ammonia 0 ( in the picture my tap water is on the right which always reads 0 )
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10 ( water change tonight )

1 Angelfish
3 platy
6 zebra danio
3 albino cory ( was going to up the school but i want to figure out this problem first )

Im not sure why this has happend so if anyone has ideas it would be great, Thanks

Attachments

• corysick1.jpg
    corysick1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 66
  • corysick2.jpg
    corysick2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 60
  • corysick.jpg
    corysick.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 141
sad to say that he or she has passed on :[ , The others look fine an i am going to add 3 to 4 more to make 5 - 6 corys but i want to watch n make sure nothing happens with the others first . If anyone can think of any ideas let me know. I read bacterial infections could be a reason and if so can this transfer to other fish in the tank?

Sorry about your fish. The back fins look shredded, like something nipped at it or it got injured on something. The red dots could be some sort of infection, usually red means bacterial but it's hard to say. It does look bloated as well. What do you feed your fish and how often? What are the water parameters now (ammonia, etc)? Cycling can be hard on fish and even if they survive sometimes their systems are compromised and end up getting sick. I'd watch everything for at least a couple of weeks and if the other fish are fine then try adding more. I'd also watch the angel for any potential aggression toward the other fish.

Sorry about your fish. The back fins look shredded, like something nipped at it or it got injured on something. The red dots could be some sort of infection, usually red means bacterial but it's hard to say. It does look bloated as well. What do you feed your fish and how often? What are the water parameters now (ammonia, etc)? Cycling can be hard on fish and even if they survive sometimes their systems are compromised and end up getting sick. I'd watch everything for at least a couple of weeks and if the other fish are fine then try adding more. I'd also watch the angel for any potential aggression toward the other fish.

Yes i notice that in the picture also . When i added the corys which was after my cycle completed for about a week or 2 , I didnt notice once that the angel , danios or platys messing or even care pretty much about them being new in the tank or for the week almost ive had them. When i tested before i added them there was still 0 ammonia , nitrite and just 5-10 trates 20 at the highest maybe once , and my levels are still fine to this day. I have read that about the red dots also. i just got shrimp pellets yesterday so they were just eating the left over flake for a few days but the others seem normal and i feed them 2 small (not to little no to much ) times one in morning one at night and i make sure some gets to the bottom for the corys also. My angel is pretty nice actually he dont really seem to bother anyone else in the tank only once in a while will he almost say this is my spot get away.

Hmmmm looks like we shall never know. and on the adding fish its been 3 days an everyone is fine i know thats not long but now with only 2 corys i feel the school is way way to small and i need to add more i just dont know how soon due to the death.

Back
Top Bottom