sick loach and discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiptoptank

Aquarium Advice Regular
sup guys, I got a clown loach in my discus tank that isn't getting very much bigger and is extremely skinny. It looks like someone pinched his head. He still acts fine and swims fine, but he eats like he has never been fed before.

My discus also has little white spots that look like ich on him. I will get some pics up soon

Read this article and if your fish look like the fish in the article, start raising the heat. PM BrianNY if he doesn't pop in and ask how much salt the discuss can handle.

The more active discus has got gill flukes now too. >8( . How do I go about killen them off. I have a 10 gallon QT tank. should I movemy discus too the qt tank or take care of them in my main tank?

This is a Q for BrianNY!! What are the water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and temp)? I will PM Brian on your behalf.

Get both your discus into the 10g QT asap. Raise the temp to 88F gradually. Add 2 tspn of aquarium salt. Do not add salt to the tank with the clown loaches.

Pick up a product called Flukes Control. It is pure patassium permanganate. If it is flukes you will have to treat for 3 weeks. Many times though, bacterial gill infections look like flukes.

Describe the symptoms please. Again, I highly suggest you raise these fish in a seperate tank. Their needs are different from adult discus and at 2 - 3 inches they are very fragile!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom