Silly heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnovice92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So it's a fully submersible heater I have for my tank can I partially burry it in sand or gravel ? And have it still keep my water at a proper temperature ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So it's a fully submersible heater I have for my tank can I partially burry it in sand or gravel ? And have it still keep my water at a proper temperature ?

Nope, the heating element can't be touching anything or it will create hot spots and potentially damage the heater.

Even if partially like laying just on top of rocks ? I want to try to hide them from view but still have them work

What if I place a 2-3" tall piece of acrylic or glass 1.5" away from the tank and put my heater in there would that still create a hot spot ?

That would cause the heater to either over heat or not keep temp. I would just hide it with plants or something

That would cause the heater to either over heat or not keep temp. I would just hide it with plants or something

+1

I have my heater an inch above the bottom and a piece of driftwood and some plants hiding it. I can only see it if I look from the side of the tank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So even if I find a way to circulate the water in down in that spot where my heater would be. my filter is going to sit directly above where I want to place my heater which would help with even distributing and circulating the water around the heater ?

So even if I find a way to circulate the water in down in that spot where my heater would be. my filter is going to sit directly above where I want to place my heater which would help with even distributing and circulating the water around the heater ?

This is the only type of enclosure that will work for your heater. Its either that, look into an in line heater, add in a sumo, or go with a cold water tank.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BIjKNBkjg0ro8b7AA&sig2=25e5wcQK9mBHLNVJt61HPQ

Back
Top Bottom