Smallest Cory Catfish Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello people, I am looking into buying small Cory Catfish and i was wondering what the smallest species of them is. I would like some that stay under 2", i was thinking albinos and peppered? Thanks!

Fish_Fan

I just love C. Pygmaeus. They are so cute and swim all over the tank. Mine aren't shy at all and are very very active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks but what are the smallest cory catfish species not including the Pygmy Cories?

Fish_Fan

Or do u know where i could get those species u said above for a cheap price

Fish_Fan

Not even close.

Pygmy species are:
C pygmaeus
C hastatus
C habrosus

C habrosus is largest. Females can hit 1.25"
View attachment 259360

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the 3 smallest cory species. There is also the Violet cory which doesn't get large but it is not considered a dwarf like the ones mentioned. Check your local fish store or aquabid for purchasing. I got mine through the mail and at fish swaps near Chicago.

If you can't get pygmies then the peppered Cory would probably be the next smallest

Violet corys - I'm not sure of the scientific name stay small as well. I had some wild caught and they didn't do well for me though. Aquabid has them, I just looked.

Violet corys - I'm not sure of the scientific name stay small as well. I had some wild caught and they didn't do well for me though. Aquabid has them, I just looked.

Corydoras similis is the name. They get over 2" tho

C panda gets to 2". Likes water slightly cooler. Nice fish.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=267

C axelrodi is nice if you can find them. Also 2" fish.

My C similis never got very big at all but they were wild caught so who knows.

No worming and the first tank was a 20g for qt and after about 6 months I had one left and it went in a 29. Looking back I should have used a wormer.

I haven't seen these offered. Assumed they were somewhat rare.

I just checked Aquabid. I need more money, to buy more Corydoras [emoji12] So many nice fish.

Back
Top Bottom