So my tanks all cycled, and its fish time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Real_Crunk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for you guys mentioning that shrimp trick for cycling my tank. Took about 2 and a half weeks, but its doing great.

A nice 25 gallon long tank.

So Im gonna be throwing 2 black moores in there. Ive read thats about the limit for these guys in a tank this size. Ive had them before, and I know they are pretty messy. I didnt really know anything about fishtanks and had 3 moores, and 1 comet in a 20 gallon. I had them all for a couple years, until a heatwave during the summer killed off everything in my two tanks except my big pleco. That was a few years ago though.

So now, im wondering if even though these moores are messy as heck, would I be able to throw some kind of small little algea gobbling fish in there to clean that healthy coat of algea off my glass/plants? If not, Im alright with just the moores. Just gotta scrub that glass every now and then. :p

It really isn't the best of worlds to keep goldies with tropicals. Also, IME for algae eating fish to make a difference you need a ton of them. You'll be scraping the glass and ornaments anyway with just one.

The rule of thumb with goldies is 1 per 10g. You can stretch this rule by increasing the pwcs.

Back
Top Bottom