So sad... Cracked tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my fish tank for about a year now, and I don't know what happened recently but the bottom is cracked. I went in to check on them today and noticed water in the basin under it (I keep a basin there because the filter has leaked before and we have carpet that would start to mold and smell). Anyways, I'm sooo sad. Because the only tanks I have are little 2 gallon ones that I keep for fry or bettas, so I either a) have to get a new tank, cheap and fast. Or b) get rid of my fish. And I really don't want to do the latter because I get really attached to my fish.

Any solutions? Has anyone else had this problem?

As a temporary home for your fish you can buy a very large plastic storage container (multiple if necessary) at a place like Walmart. This way you can continue to run your filter and save some bb that might also be on decor or your substrate. I hope you can find a replacement tank quickly!

I hadn't thought of that. I just feel so bad keeping them cramped up like this. 18 assorted fish in 3 different 2 gallon tanks is no good....

Look on the bright side...
A cracked tank is a joyous occasion. Now you have an excuse to go bigger. ;)

Yeah. But I think I actually might go smaller. I'm going off to college and I don't think I'd be able to handle too much bigger...

You should proably get a new tank because i had a crack i one of my tanks and the next day the tank just blew out no fish no water

Back
Top Bottom