Some thing weird happened to my catfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catkramer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I woke up this morning to find this little guy floating in my plants. He was the active one of the two upside down catfish, the other one hides ALOT and I actually had to go in and move things around to find him.

I am not sure what happened to him, but he has this strange HUGE yellow spot on his back, and I am wondering if he got stuck by the heater or something. He may have already been dead when it happened. Or maybe this is an illness. I am not sure. I am taking him back today to get a new one, as I have only had him for about 6 days.

No other fish look sick. Still have atleast 4 to 7 fry swimming around. My golden female molly looks pregnant as she is getting REALLY fat.

I tested my water, the nitrites and nitrates were good, no chlorine, and my amonia is right at .25 still. I haven't done a water change in a few days, and wondering now if I need to.

Here is a pic:

img_940208_0_2d556a07af1eab1926dad4c08d4c986d.jpg

Any ideas what happened to this guy?

Cat

I'd agree that a heater burn would be a good explanation, and that there probably isn't any way you can know now whether that was the problem or a symptom. As you add more occupants to your 55G you may want to consider setting up some quarantine equipment. Any time is a good time for a water change! :)

Back
Top Bottom