starting a 150 gallon predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i would say that because you are looking at predatory fish get a fx5 and a smaller canister or three mid range canister rated for 125-200 gallons

Ok great! Do you think it should be planted?

U might like Red tail barracuda they only get like 11-12inches i think when fully grown

Wow. Like 30 something posts in one day. Anyway, IDK anything about predatory fish, but I will be following. Post pics/videos plz!

I do believe snake heads are illegal in NJ. What about peacock bass?

I do believe snake heads are illegal in NJ. What about peacock bass?

Ive done research on snakeheads and I'm beginning to be turned off.... would rather keep more then one fish in my tank. I would consider keeping peacock bass but not sure.

Ive done research on snakeheads and I'm beginning to be turned off.... would rather keep more then one fish in my tank. I would consider keeping peacock bass but not sure.

Snakeheads are illegal in all of the usa. Peacock bass may work but the tank is and the small size for them.

Snakeheads are illegal in all of the usa. Peacock bass may work but the tank is and the small size for them.

That's why Im not sure about them. I know my lfs has wolf fish but can't find out how big they get.

Lol yes scratch those. Here in FL they are in our backyards pretty much. It's nice you kill em, turn them in and get a reward =) because they are highly illegal! On bounty trips. They usually have tourney like things where you go out and see who fishes the biggest/most and get different rewards. I like the thought of peacock bass. Will be following this as well! Can't wait to see the end results.

Back
Top Bottom