Starting my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could someone also help me with a list of very low maintance plants that dnt need much looking after please x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So ammonia hasnt moved much bt nitrites are off the chart when should i expect them to move xx

Plants have arrived no idea wat they are or requirements though the came as a pack wood should arrive today aswell

I agree with Coursair on the plants. I can't tell what the plant is about mid-ground behind the java fern.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also agree with coursair.

Good beginner plants are hornwort, anachris, Java Fern, Anubias, Java moss, wisteria, most Cryptocoryne species, and some aponogeton species.

Fishobsessed7

Thank you all anyone any ideas where i am with my cycle x

It is moving along nicely it seems. The bacteria that turns the ammonia into nitrites multiplies faster than the bacteria that turns nitrites to nitrates. I would recommend only adding enough ammonia to get you to 2 ppm, more and it could stall the cycle. You could also end up with a big nitrite spike which.

Give the BB time to do their thing and you will cycle nicely.

Thanks tank hasnt been set up long have a few plants flouting about and a few nitrates showing bt nt much x

Woohoo we have nitrates aswell now seems my cycles well on its way just redosed ammonia check in an hr wat ppm it is and wait for nitrites to come down x

Ammonia is bk down to 0.50ppm today from.last nyt and nitrites still high and so are nitrates

Well that is a nice thing. Your BB is doing its job, hopefully you will be cycled sooner rather than later. If you can turn 2ppm ammonia into nitrites and then nitrates in 24 hours or less you are considered cycled.

Nitrites havent moved yet i presume thats coz there high do i need to do a water change and then re dose ammonia tomorrow x

How many of each could i do for stocking the boys want a plec some cories harlequin raspboaras and a center piece fish nt sure which yet

Sorry ive just seen it im open to stock as the boys want lots of nano fish so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom