Starting my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terri06

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just setting my tank up in the next few days how much of the pure amm will i need to dose to 4ppm

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For me, I used a regular old dropper from an old rogaine bottle. My tank is 15 gallons tall so I used 12 drops. That put it at around 3-4ppm. Start with 1 drop per gallon, maybe a little less and test. Should be close.

Just added 5 ml per the calculator to start my fishless cycle on my son's therapy tank will test as soon as my kit arrives

Thanks my boys cant wait for the day they can buy fish so got to keep them busy with planting for now

So my test kit arrived today my ammonia is at somewhere between 2 and 4 ppm when shud i expect it to start changing no seeded media unfortunately

Bogwood and plants should be here next week then can aquascape and post pics

I added ammonia on saturday to 2 ppm for fishless cycle realistically when should i be checking for changes

Wats the best fish food and pleco food

What species of Pleco ?
Some eat wood.
Some eat meat.
Some eat everything.

I use Omega One algae wafers. Fresh greens and veggies, frozen bloodworms and driftwood.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent decided yet just want to make sure ive got stuff in

Plants have arrived no idea wat they are or requirements though the came as a pack wood should arrive today aswell

Attachments

• 1418901246174.jpg
    1418901246174.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 73
So it seems my cycles well under way the ammonia i cant tell if its moved as 2ppm and 4 ppm is hard to tell bt i tested nitrites out of curiousity and i have 0.25 ppm exciting x

Ammonia slowly moving and nitrites slowly rising c

Have some great movement in the cycle amm down to 1 ppm nitrites up to between 2 and 5 ppm and nitrates somewhere between 0 and 5 ppm

Back
Top Bottom