Statement on Tetra Bottle Different Front And Back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClassicRocker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a 3.38 oz. of SafeStart yesterday. Noticed that the bottom-left side of bottle says "Treats up to 100 gallons", but the back of the bottle, under Directions, says "To start new aquarium, add entire bottle to aquarium up to 20 gallons." Front of bottle differs from the back. Front: "up to 100 gallons", back: "up to 20 gallons"???

Either Tetra wrote it wrong or I'm interrupting it wrong. Have already sent a message to Tetra about it, but, most likely, can rely on you folks to answer faster than them (if they even answer)!
smile.png

BTW, this is for cycling (again) a 5 gallon that will also have a male Betta put in. Alreay have a Moss Ball two live plants, Mini Heater, carbon cartridge/BIO Wheel filtration in it. Have already done a Thread about the first attempt at cycling this aquarium.
Thanks

Just use the entire bottle for your tank. That is kind of fishy though.

I would also keep an eye on the ammonia / nitrite daily for the first week or so just to make sure it worked as expected. The bottled bacteria can be hit or miss.

It's 20 gallons to start cycling a new tank, but up to 100 gallons if you are adding it when doing water changes or adding new fish...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom