Sterbai cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy04

Aquarium Advice Regular
My lfs has tank raised sterbai Cory catfish on sale and I'm starting to stalk my 46g bow tank. Currently I have 10 cardinal tetras and nothing else. I plan on getting a pair of German rams, a dwarf gourami and 10 rummy nose tetras eventually. Would all these fish get a long? And how many catfish should I guess the their a schooling fish

My lfs has tank raised sterbai Cory catfish on sale and I'm starting to stalk my 46g bow tank. Currently I have 10 cardinal tetras and nothing else. I plan on getting a pair of German rams, a dwarf gourami and 10 rummy nose tetras eventually. Would all these fish get a long? And how many catfish should I guess the their a schooling fish

You will be fine with that but I'd be careful with the gourami and rams. I'd switch one of those choices for ten to fifteen sterbai Cories. They are insanely active in large groups.

I agree, i would ditch the DG and just have the pair of rams as the centerpiece. Those 2 types of fish may fight.

That's for the heads up of GBR and DG, I didn't realize they could possibly fight.....I'll probably up the amount of Cory's to 8-10 then. Any ideas on a good medium dwelling fish?

That's for the heads up of GBR and DG, I didn't realize they could possibly fight.....I'll probably up the amount of Cory's to 8-10 then. Any ideas on a good medium dwelling fish?

I think that you will enjoy what you currently have if you put around 12 each of the schooling fish in. However, if you really want something a couple male guppies will have stunning colors and are super active.

Male guppies are nice, I'll take a look at them when I'm at the fs tomorrow. Are Cory's ok with live plants? And can I mix different types? Think you for the info

Male guppies are nice, I'll take a look at them when I'm at the fs tomorrow. Are Cory's ok with live plants? And can I mix different types? Think you for the info

Yes, they are great with plants but the more you have of one species, the more fun they are!

I'd be a bit concerned with a pair of rams and the corys. It might work if there are a lot of hiding places. When rams breed they can be territorial and they inhabit the same areas as the corys. The corys will likely try to go after the eggs and the rams can get aggressive when defending them. It's a good sized tank and if you have a lot of decor it might work, but I just wanted to mention the possible issues.

I'd be a bit concerned with a pair of rams and the corys. It might work if there are a lot of hiding places. When rams breed they can be territorial and they inhabit the same areas as the corys. The corys will likely try to go after the eggs and the rams can get aggressive when defending them. It's a good sized tank and if you have a lot of decor it might work, but I just wanted to mention the possible issues.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind for when I add the GBR. I don't have a lot of hiding spots in my tank, also I don't plan on breeding the GBR

Why would you stalk a fish tank? :D

Why would you stalk a fish tank? :D

Lol, I meant stock.....I went and to lfs and picked up the cory's today and so far their not very active and just hanging out on the bottom of the tank or hiding. Is this normal when first introduced?

I just got some a month ago and they took a little time to get used to everything. Now they are active. Try feeding some frozen bloodworms. Mine really like those.

Ok, thank you for the info. Hopefully it's sooner than later

Back
Top Bottom