stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 24 litre ive got a male betta and two drawf frogs, i will be adding two females betta what i want to know is can i add shrimps into that tank if so which one can i add and how many can i have assumming ive got 3 litre spare... Any advice recieve would be great...

Hi, I'd say you're fully stocked already. I wouldn't add more bettas to a tank that small or they'll kill each other. You could probably add some shrimp although the betta and/or frogs might go after them depending on the size of the shrimp.

Sorry a little confuse you're saying im fully stocked with one betta and two drawf frogs :-\ or are you saying i will be if i added the two female bettas?

Right i thought not sure if i got it right but it is 1cm of fish to a litre which mean i cud have two female cos the most they grow is 7cm each or have i got it totally wrong?

For shrimp I would suggest cherry shrimp. The stay small and are not aggressive plus look quite pretty in the tank. They swim around a lot and are quite fun to watch

Right i thought not sure if i got it right but it is 1cm of fish to a litre which mean i cud have two female cos the most they grow is 7cm each or have i got it totally wrong?

No, that rule is pretty outdated and not very accurate. I'd disregard it. You have to take things into account like the fish's activity level, adult size, bioload, etc and that rule doesn't allow for that.

Right thanks for that.... Didnt realise that.... So how do i know if ive overstocked? :-\

Back
Top Bottom