Stock for a 50 gallon? Peaceful tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louise0328

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently taking my 29 gallon down and replacing it with a 50 gallon. I was wondering what other peaceful fish would go well with the fish I have. I had a very bad ich problem, so i def need to add to the schools. Here is a list.

1 harlequin rasbora
3 neon tetras
4 black skirt tetras
2 endlers livebearers
3 female guppies
1 beta (he may go in a 5 gallon)
2 peppered Cory cats

A total of 16 smallish fish. Any ideas for other tank mates? Maybe a centerpiece fish or something else?

Thanks for the help!

I am currently taking my 29 gallon down and replacing it with a 50 gallon. I was wondering what other peaceful fish would go well with the fish I have. I had a very bad ich problem, so i def need to add to the schools. Here is a list.

1 harlequin rasbora
3 neon tetras
4 black skirt tetras
2 endlers livebearers
3 female guppies
1 beta (he may go in a 5 gallon)
2 peppered Cory cats

A total of 16 smallish fish. Any ideas for other tank mates? Maybe a centerpiece fish or something else?

Thanks for the help!

Provided its well planted, with plenty of cover, I'd go with 5 more harlequins, 5 more neons, 2 more black skirts, 4 more male Endler's, 4 more cories, and either a dwarf gourami or a ram, or kribensis. And leave out the betta and female guppies.

Thanks guys! I don't really have another tank for the guppies to be housed in. Oh, and I will probably end up putting my beta in my extra 5 gallon tank.

The tank will be heavily planted and as natural as possible.

If I were you this would be my stock,

8 harlequin rasbora
8 neon tetras
8 black skirt tetras
6 endlers livebearers
6 female guppies
8 peppered Cory cats
1 ram cichlid or another center piece fish...

Back
Top Bottom