Stock list. How long before I have trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nightshark

Aquarium Advice Regular
A guy at work had to get rid of some fish. As a result this is what my small tank looks like now:

Tank: 30 x 8 x 16 inch (16.6gUS)
Filters: Aquaclear 50

Selected species:
3 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
2 x Albino Cory (Corydoras aeneus)
2 x Golden Wonder Killifish (Aplocheilus Lineatus)
7 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
3 x Sunburst Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus)

How long do you think until I start running into trouble? Thanks!

How big are the killifish? They can definitely eat some of your smaller fish if they're fully grown.

How big are the killifish? They can definitely eat some of your smaller fish if they're fully grown.

They are about 1.5 inches. Still small. I guess I'm worried about how quickly ammonia levels might spike.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are about 1.5 inches. Still small. I guess I'm worried about how quickly ammonia levels might spike.

If the tank isnt cycled them you will have problems within 2 days or so. Thats a ton of fish for an uncycled tank.

What are the parameters?

Also, the neon tetras and corys need to bebun groups of 6+

Seems overstocked for a 16g IMO.

+1 to Mebbid. If the tank isn't cycled this will go downhill fast.

Caleb

If the tank isnt cycled them you will have problems within 2 days or so. Thats a ton of fish for an uncycled tank.

What are the parameters?

Also, the neon tetras and corys need to bebun groups of 6+

It's an established tank. Water is fine right now. The platys, 2 guppies, and neons were the rescued fish. They don't look very healthy and I'm hoping some better care will fix that. If I keep up on the water changes should I be ok?

It's an established tank. Water is fine right now. The platys, 2 guppies, and neons were the rescued fish. They don't look very healthy and I'm hoping some better care will fix that. If I keep up on the water changes should I be ok?

As they grow it will become harder to sustain water quality. I'd look at getting an upgrade soon but it's no immediate danger if the tank is cycled and you stay on track with water changes.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom