stocking 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nolanyaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do u guys think i should stalk my 10 gallon tank. I know i want tropical fish am on a low budget. Any suggestions?

Well what kind of fish would you like? You could have a school o something and and a centerpeice fish or two

Guppys look pretty nice and are tropical. Is your 10 gallon tank cycled?

How did you cycle it? Letting it run empty doesn't cycle it, I'm afraid, regardless of what the fish stores tell you. You might want to give this a read (particularly the first section on cycling) prior to getting fish: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

A 10 gal tank has some options but it is also somewhat limited. Most tetras, danios, rasboras (schooling fish) are active and need more room than a 10 gal. Nano fish are good (ember tetra, chili rasbora, celestial pearl danio) but they can be hard to find locally. A few guppies or a couple of platys would work. Or a single betta would work as well. Read the two types of cycling in that guide I gave you though and decide which you'd rather do.

Back
Top Bottom