Stocking 20g high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bukowski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has been cycled and set up for a while now! It also is newly housing a pair of blue rams. One male and one female.
Except they hang out at the bottom next to all my plants. I'd like them to be a nice centerpiece fish, so I'm looking for something to fit with them. A school of tetras, perhaps? Something bright, like Rummy Nose, although I hear those can be shy? I would like a larger school, like eight or so. Do I have room for that? Don't want to overcrowd! I like speedy swimmers like my giant danios in one of my other tanks, but don't want to harass my rams. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Personally giant danios cant fit in that size tank. You could try rummynoses. There's also the always-available neons, cardinals, serpaes, glowlights, cherry or gold barbs and rasboras as well. :)

Ah, yes I know I can't keep giant danios in there. I have a school in one of my larger tanks. I just like how quickly they move!
Would it be okay to get a school of about eight, of most any tetras? I've had rasboras before, along with flame tetras.
Also, I have dwarf cories in another tank. Would it be fine to move four cores in there too? So id have four dwarf cories, two rams, and six to eight tetras? Or should I just leave them?

As soon as I can find this species of Cory I shall do just that! And thanks! I will work on that (and adding more plants) as soon as I can! :)

I don't really know! I really like amazon swords and java ferns, but I suppose anything that catches my eye would be good! Do you have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom