Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gq2212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can 12 black skirt tetras and a angelfish be in a 29 gallon?

Ok but do you think the tank will be overstocked?

How high is the tank?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Angelfish need about 40 gallons. The black skirt tetras might start nipping the angel as well, but that is just my opinion.

Angelfish need about 40 gallons. The black skirt tetras might start nipping the angel as well, but that is just my opinion.
Ok thanks i was just asking because there is a ad on craigslist saying they are giving away an angelfish or they going to flush him if nobody wants it i thought maybe i could save him.. But i have tigerbarbs in a 50 gallon but they are bad so i know i cant put him in with them but i have a 29 gallon with the black skirt tetras and they look more peaceful

How big is the angel because if it is not big then it can serve as a temporary tank. I don't like it when people flush fish that's just crule

Ok then please maby bye them then give them away if you are not willing to get a 40 gallon tank

But I just read that they can live in a 30 gallon tank so you could keep it but no tetras

Rather than letting it die, I would say take it. It can heal nipped fins. As a 3" body size it's not a tiny baby.

As long as it looks healthy, I'd try it.
The black skirts aren't as bad as Tiger Barbs, you're right.

And some Skirt Tetras are fine.

Many Tetras are super peaceful. Having a group like you do should help. If needed you might see if your LFS would give you a little store credit for the fish ? If he isn't doing well in your tank.

Rather than letting it die, I would say take it. It can heal nipped fins. As a 3" body size it's not a tiny baby.

As long as it looks healthy, I'd try it.
The black skirts aren't as bad as Tiger Barbs, you're right.

And some Skirt Tetras are fine.

Many Tetras are super peaceful. Having a group like you do should help. If needed you might see if your LFS would give you a little store credit for the fish ? If he isn't doing well in your tank.
1480985825552.jpg

That is a pic of her on the ad, they said the other fish bullyed her

So i did end up getting her.. Atfirst she was hiding in the back corner but is now swimming around.
1481001525472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom