Stocking 55 gallon freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjr.10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now we have 2 dwarf gouramis in our 55 gallon tank. We are going to keep it as just the 2 for now till I know the tank is stable. But here is our "wish list" so far, please let me know what you think. I have been looking at different compatibility charts and I believe all these types are compatible.. I'm not sure how many of each to put on the list though..

-dwarf gouramis (already have 2)
-Angel Fish
-Platys
- Boesemani Rainbow
- pleco maybe?

DGs are social and you could add more. Angelfish are an option. Platies are a wild card in my experience. I had a female nip the DG's tail. Boesemani's are active and would steal food. Bristlenose plec or two should be find.

sjr.10 said:
Right now we have 2 dwarf gouramis in our 55 gallon tank. We are going to keep it as just the 2 for now till I know the tank is stable. But here is our "wish list" so far, please let me know what you think. I have been looking at different compatibility charts and I believe all these types are compatible.. I'm not sure how many of each to put on the list though..

-dwarf gouramis (already have 2)
-Angel Fish
-Platys
- Boesemani Rainbow
- pleco maybe?

You will most likely see fighting in the DGs
platies should be fine
One angel will be fine

Back
Top Bottom